Dear Farm Friends,
Please don’t forget to join us this Saturday, April 23 to celebrate Alemany Farm’s 10th Annual Earth Day BBQ (*View the event flyer*).
Activities will include:
– spring plantings (11am – 1pm)
– farm tours (noonish & 3pm-ish)
– face painting (11am – 2pm)
– live acoustic music from the Knuckleknockers (1pm)
– bluegrass jam (2pm – bring your instruments and dancing shoes!)
– short yoga exercise offering
– …and of course, a BBQ and potluck picnic (1pm-ish). Please bring a side dish or a dessert to share.
We’ll be roasting a sustainably raised pig and will also have vegetarian options on the grill. There will be a humongous farm-fresh salad. Please bring other sides, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages.
At our first Earth Day celebration in 2007, we were clearing four-foot-tall weeds and rubbish out of what today are some of our most productive garden beds. There was no such thing as an Alemany Farm Kitchen, and we had neither greenhouse nor vineyard. Today, Alemany Farm produces nearly a dozen tons of organic produce annually, hosts scores of field trips and community groups, and is a thriving part of the City’s urban agriculture ecosystem.
Join us for this FREE event to help celebrate these accomplishments and mark Earth Day with us!
For more information about visiting the farm and joining our community workdays, see our Get Involved page.
Thank you, as always, for your work to grow food security and build community in San Francisco.
The Farm Team